The Love and The Grace of God

Phil 4:6-7 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses every man's understanding, will guard your hearts and you thoughts in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

What’s your definition of LOVE?

Love is something that every creature in this world is looking for… Love could leads to different endings of a story. What is your point of view of the word LOVE?

In my personal opinion; love is just something that drags me away from where I suppose to be. My love for;
God
Family
Friends
Myself
Career
Brothers and sisters
Kids with illness
Mentally retarded children
Refugee
Many other things and persons…

How much they valued to me? It all voice down to how much I love them… I love them, thus I respect them, I honored them, I care for them, give happiness to them, teach them, guide them, listen to them, encouraged them, laugh and cry with them, share with them my life, make them part of my life…
For me, love is not just love for your lover or spouse! Is not even a love that you gave and wanting something in return!

Referring to the bible; the definition of Love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.

Love suffers long. Love is kind; it is not jealous. Love does not brag and is not puffed up.
It does not behave unbecomingly and does not seek its own things; it is not provoked and does not take account of evil;
It does not rejoice because of unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; It covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never falls away…

Versus that my dad used to sing to me when I was a child. It pinned in my heart. This is the pure love that no one could ever achieve. Only God, whom is Love. We can love because God loved us first. By loving God, being saturated and permeated by God we could partake of His nature.

No comments: