The Love and The Grace of God

Phil 4:6-7 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses every man's understanding, will guard your hearts and you thoughts in Christ Jesus.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Lord, Keep my heart...

Lord, Keep my heart,
always true to you,
Never backsliding, always viewing You,
A heart that is pure, that sees only You,
A heart that loves You and treasure only You.

Yours love constrains me to give my to You.
Lord, I can't help it, my heart is drawn to You.
Oh, what a privilage! I give myself to You.
I love You, Lord, dearest Lord,
I love You, I just love You...

I enjoyed this hymns recently. It seems that I am graduating soon. Coming to the juncture of life, making decisions that are going to affect my whole life. Suddenly this hymns come into my mind. "Lord, Keep my heart". Brothers always told us that our heart is very important. If our heart is right, no matter what we do in our life the Lord would preserve our life. But if our heart is not right, no matter what we do it's not a font in the eyes of God and there won't be any blessing from God.

In this process, I learnt to pray! The Lord knew me more than I do. Seeking His leading in my life that I would be preserved. Even thought I have to take risk and give up some of my likes. I pray to the Lord that I'm lacking of faith. Let Him be my faith.

It had been a lot of time that I take my own way neglecting the feeling within. Eventually, it proves that I'd make a wrong move that i had to go through a long and tough way. This time i do not want to repeat the same thing.

It remembered me to the verses in the bible, John chapter 21. Without the word and leading of God no matter how hard I strived it was just like, Peter, as a professional fisherman couldn't even caught one fish at the Sea of Tiberias. The sea is just like today's society and the fish is the things that we want to grab... This is really a reminder to me!

I could strive to be the best student in the university, getting a high salary's job, married to the best man in this world, having a marvellous family... what is the goal? What is the purpose? Even if I gain the whole world be the same as Bill Gates. Am I satisfied?

Lots of things in our life could not be bought nor achieved! Could we achieved happiness? Freedom? Peace? Eternal life? Infinite love? Health?...

At this moment, I just want the Lord to keep my heart. Preserve me! That I would seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness...

Eventhough, now I'm in dilemma (in the sense that I had my own choice, my own preference), I 'm clear that which path I should take. May the Lord strengthen me. Take the veils away that I could see Him.

No comments: