The Love and The Grace of God

Phil 4:6-7 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses every man's understanding, will guard your hearts and you thoughts in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kitchen caught fire!!!

On the 11th day when I reach Bintulu, another bad thing occurred... my house kitchen caught fire. This was really a trilling experience. Out of my conscious, I reacted so calmly.

The fire was too big, taller than me, and it came out of control as my mother nervously poured water over the burnt kerosene. I tried to stop but it was too late. I ran out to the car porch, eventually I found the fire extinguisher (CO2). (Luckily it was still there) With all strength, (I don’t know where the strength came from), I pulled the safety tag and safety pin, without a second thought, I sprayed towards the fierce burning fire. I was choked by the smoke, but I knew I couldn’t stop, I had to keep spraying towards the fire or else the fire would caused explosion to the gas stove which was just a feet away from the spot of the fire. Thank God, in less than one minute the fire ceased. Leaving the whole kitchen in black, the carpet ruined and I nearly fainted due to lack air. Luckily, my mom was alright. She was just in shocked.

A lot of people gathered outside my house to have a view but none helped. I wondered whether this was the attitude of a Malaysian!

I shouldn’t say much. Really thank God. Out of all the misfortune, we were just so fortunate… After the fire, I called my dad, he was with his work on site. But once he heard that he came home immediately. He thought that my mom and I were terrified! Indeed we were still alright. Cleaning up the house and clearing all the burnt material it used up nearly 6 hours. Really exhausting! This is the first time I felt that I had grown up, know how to react in emergency!

No comments: