The Love and The Grace of God

Phil 4:6-7 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses every man's understanding, will guard your hearts and you thoughts in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life is too fragile

A sudden thought stoke my mind, lingering and urging me to scribble something out from my wandering mind. It's nothing else but something about life. Well~ I'm neither too young nor too old to know about life. Definitely I gonna share something that match my age as I live along. 

Reminiscence....


What is life means to you???
Daddy and mommy give you life that you could life? Is that all???

I have been thinking - my life is in my hand and only I can make changes and live a life that I desire. I could work like a bull; play like an idiot; study like a bookworm; spending as if I were a billionaire; achieving dreams as if I were the next Armstrong. Well~ no doubt it is very true. Indeed this is the kind of life that most of us are going through to earn a living in this so called information age.. 

I have been reading the 8th Habit book recently. I came across something that was actually the same in the Bible. I could not remember the exact words but it is something like this "The fundamental reality is that human beings are not things needing to be motivated and controlled; they are four dimensional : Body, Mind, Heart and Spirit." For those who had read the bible of course you know what I am crapping about - it was written in the bibles thousand years ago... and people are discovering making new findings to wake us up from the 'systems'.. 

Hmm, by the way, I wrote and share on these do not mean that I know and practice every single stuffs in the bible.. Well, I have read; I know about it.. but I am not awaken/enlightened by the so called teachings in the bible. Felt ashamed. 

Another great sentence that enlightened me is that "Everyone chooses one of two roads in life - the old and the young, the rich and the poor, men and women like. One is the broad, well travelled road to mediocrity, the other to greatness and meaning." Definitely this reminded me of the poem written by Robert Frost "The Road Not Taken." Everyone of us are given choices to choose.. we lead and live out life via the choices that we've made every single moment.

I have been so confident in my life (at least most of the time).. not until an incident which stroke my heart and hold me back. We work like a slave of the earth for something unforeseen.. Some say, I plan/work/live for my future; I plan/work/live for my family; or even I plan/work/live for the country... wow~ sound so grand. 
Well, we could plan and work out the plan very well.. but what is the things we often neglected??? Our Body, Heart, Mind and Spirit.. Don't you think so??? 

I get the news from my sister yesterday, it was indeed a shocking news that kept me in a shocking mode for the rest of the day.. my cousin's husband passed away. For you information my cousin is quite young.. in the mid of her 30s so did her husband. They have a happy family with 2 very young kids.. and one of them might not even recognized her dad yet. Things rumbled when her husband passed away with an unknown disease attacking his brain.. 

Immediately these few verses pop up in my mind; 
Luke 12:16-20 And He told them a parable, saying, The land of a certain rich man brought forth abundantly. And he reasoned in himself, saying, What shall I do, for I have no place where I may gather my crops? And he said, I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and I will gather there all my wheat and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; rest, beat, drink, be merry. But God said to him, Foolish one, this night they are requiring your soul from you; and the things which you have prepared, whose will they be?
Luke 12:22-24 And He said to His disciples, Therefore I say to you, Do not be anxious for your life, what you should eat; nor for your body, what you should put on; For the life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens. They neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn; yet God nourishes them. How much more valuable are you than the birds!
Our life is in the hand of our creator - the Almighty God. I shall be reminded that "Life is more than food, and the body more than clothing." I can pursue a lot of things yet I shall not forget to nurture my Body, Heart, Mind and Spirit for something eternal. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bible verse tells it all.Thank you for this post.I am refreshed.